Thursday, January 30, 2014

November 25th, 2013


Hey family,
Everything is great here in the Bow Valley ward.  This is now my 4th transfer here in the ward and it's great because the ward is so great.  Ever since we've baptised Chee Wee the ward has trusted us more with their friends which is good because now there's more unity between us. This past Sunday our ward mission leader told us he had to meet with the bishop so he put us in charge of gospel principles like 1 min before class started and it was on the Sabbath day and it went really well.  The ward mission leader and a bunch of other people came up to us and told us that it was a really great lesson and were suprised we hadn't prepared for it.  It was a lot of fun.  My companion told me he'd probably not do too well in teaching the doctrine so I just had him bear his testimony at certain parts while I taught the whole lesson.  I never thought I was that good of a teacher though.  It was funny, because I've been so nit picky about the way I teach and to have all that at the end of a lesson felt good.
Oh and my new companion is Elder Averett.  He's from Arizona and has been out for 3 months. His first area was Cranston in South Calgary. It was cool because his first name is Sturling and it reminded me of a small town near Lethbridge called the same name and made me miss the south a little bit, but I love it here in Calgary.  The work is a lot of fun.   Anyway, I gave Elder Renshaw a big huge before he left and he told me how much he's going to miss this mission.  I remember as he was packing, he wept a bit about how it was all over.  It was a sad day.  We did get a whole bunch of pics together before he left though. I'll send them to you. Oh and I'm not sure when Chee Wee is going to the temple, but he'll let me know.
We also got another call from Jorgina telling us that she wants to take the lessons again.  So we'll be meeting with her again which is nice because we lost contact with her for a while.
Well that's about all for this week!
Love you guys!
Elder Justin Gagnon


No comments:

Post a Comment