Tuesday, June 10, 2014

January 27th, 2014

Hey Family,
Dang I wish I could send a video but I tried sending videos before and it never seems to work with myldsmail.net.  I'm not sure why but I guess the mission doesn't want us to be sending too much stuff and get a bunch of videos from home.  I'm not sure how Jonathan Kaufman did it for Patrick though. Maybe I'll have to send my whole sd card home but I'm scared of getting the same problem that Chris had where they all got erased.  But myldsmail only allows 3 pictures at a time which is weird.  Oh well I'll make sure to send him something nice before he gets married.  I'm super excited to hear about all the stuff he's been doing and how he has such a strong desire to get sealed in the Lord's house.   I really love how Ephesians talks a lot about marriage and how men must love their wives as Christ "loved the church and gave himself for it" Ephesians 5:25.

But this week has been good.   We set Laton up for a baptismal date for the 8th. I hope it happens because my companion never had a baptism in this area and it seems to be a pretty solid ward we're serving in.  We've been finding a lot this transfer and my comp is wondering what we're doing differently than what they were doing before.  He told me that before he wasn't so focused on the investigators as he was more focused on teaching lessons.  Preach my gospel pg.135 is probably one of my favorite pages in the book because Elder Holland makes this bold and loving statement that has helped me love more the people that I teach and see what they need most.  I've loved learning out here in the mission this far and seeing others grow in the gospel.  It's been such a rewarding experience.  One of my favorite things to do is to treasure up the words of the Savior and see how he loves the people.  Because that's what the gospel is.  It's a gospel of love and if we "Have a love of God and of all men" and "Endure to the end" the Father promises us eternal life which is one of the greatest promises that I've applied in my life.  It's helped me love the people around me more and left me filled with the best spirit you could ever feel as a missionary. It's up to us though as members of Christ's church to spread that love because there are so many people out there that are kept from that love cause they "know not where to find it".
Well that's about everything that happened this week.  Hope to hear from you guys next week.
 
Love you guys!

Elder Justin Gagnon


No comments:

Post a Comment