Wednesday, August 21, 2013

July 8th, 2013

 
Hey family,
The work here is going really well.   I'm not sure if I told you about one of the great service experiences we had the last couple of weeks ago but what happened is that there was this family we saw outside our apartment who was shoveling some rocks out and just placing them out on their lawn.  So I told my companion to get in his service clothes and we went out and got some shovels and a wheelbarrow and just walked over and helped them out.  The mother then told us that she has been inactive for many years and she told us that she usually doesn't let missionaries over ever, but she said that we were an exception and that we can visit them or come over for dinner whenever we felt like it.  It just showed me how the Lord can really soften people's hearts just by doing service.   We also might check with president if we can go to High River this week and help out in the clean up cause our stake is doing a stake trip up there this week.  So if there's any more news on it don't forget to watch for me! LOL!  One of the sister missionaries was also sick this week and asked me if I could give her a blessing, so I did and now she's feeling a lot better which is good cause I still got a little bit of the sniffles myself cause the weather has been changing back and forth pretty quickly. I just showed me how much the Lord cares about his missionaries.
We also had a hail storm not too long ago.  It wasn't as bad as the famous Cardston hail storm but it was hailing about the size of small marbles.  The power also went out for a little bit and the ceiling was leaking like crazy in our apartment so the mission is going to be moving us out pretty soon.  I also got an e-mail from Brother Bernier and did you know that his parents got sealed in the Cardston temple, I found that pretty cool to hear that. I also heard that Chris met Elder Jackson which was pretty cool.  We used to take him out on splits when I was serving in Magrath.  Overall the week was really good.  Transfers are also coming up and it looks like I'm moving on to somewhere else cause I've been in this district my whole mission and I'm pretty sure the mission president will want me to have some experience covering a ward.  Oh and I forgot to tell you that one of our Zone leaders got called to be Assistant to the president so Elder Jones is now the Zone Leader over the Fort Macleod zone. It's pretty cool to see my daddy again!  Well that's about it for this week.
Love you guys
Elder Justin Gagnon

No comments:

Post a Comment